The ultimate goal is finding a foundation that looks like your own skin…. only better! But this can be easier said than done. I always say that I don’t want you to look like your face went to Florida but your body didn’t follow.
Here are 5 simple tips to help you pick the right foundation:
- Find your perfect shade. How? Get a personalized color match. Stripe testing on your forearm won’t work because your forearm is a different color than your face. Try stripe testing from your cheekbone to your hairline to get a good match.
- Know your skin’s undertone. Don’t fight against your skin’s natural undertone. A quick way to figure out what your undertone is to ask yourself these questions:
* Do I tan easily? If so, you are yellow or olive undertone
* Do I burn then tan? If so, then you are a neutral undertone
* Do I burn only? Then you are a pink undertone
**Pro Tip – more mature skin needs a warmer undertone.
- Know what coverage level you want. If makeup is not your thing, don’t pick a full coverage foundation. A powder foundation or a CC Cream may be better for you.
- What is your skin type? A more luminous foundation won’t do well on oily skin. And a matte or powder foundation may not work on dry skin.
- Change your foundation seasonally. You probably won’t be able to stick to 1 foundation year round. Our skin is usually warmer in the summer than the winter.
With so many choices, finishes and coverage levels, foundation is tough to buy. I would highly recommend a professional foundation matching session.
If you would like to schedule a virtual complimentary consultation, click here: https://calendly.com/tlacesa/30min