Now is the PERFECT time to Spring clean. As you are Spring cleaning your home, don’t forget about your makeup and skin care.
Skin Care Spring Cleaning:
- This is a perfect time to get rid of expired products. You don’t want to be using products that are expired because they have lost their effectiveness.
- It’s time to swap out seasonal products. You may need to change the formula of your cleanser and/or moisturizer. We tend to use a thicker moisturizer in the winter. Swap it out for a lighter moisturizer with SPF.
- Spring is also time to consider adding new products to your daily routine. Do you need to add a new serum or booster? It might be time for a Spring Cleaning consultation.
Makeup Spring Cleaning:
- It’s the perfect time to swap out your winter colors for Spring colors.
- You may need to change the type and shade of your foundation for the Spring.
- Many skin care items actually have an expiration date but that’s not always the case with makeup. Here are some general tips on how long to keep some of your makeup.
- Cream products like concealer and foundation – 1 year
- Powders, bronzers and eye colors – 2 years
- Eyeliner and Lip Liner – 1 year
- Lipstick – 2 years
- Mascara – every 2-3 months
Last but not least, don’t forget about cleaning your makeup bag and your makeup brushes. Makeup brushes should be cleaned every week. A good deep clean every Spring is a great idea. I recommend using Dove liquid detergent and warm water.
To help you Spring clean your skin care and makeup, schedule a virtual or in person consultation with me. Sometimes you just need someone to give you permission to toss out the old and add some new!