Well, winter is almost here! That means it’s time to start thinking about changing up your skin care routine. As the weather changes from warmer to colder, our skincare may require some tweaking.
During the colder months, our skin can tend to get drier. This is due to the outside temperature, heat indoors, and also lack of hydration. I think we tend to drink less water in the winter compared to the summer.
Here are my simple tips to winterize your skin care routine:
- Moisturize. That’s a no brainer of course but what you do need to know is that you might have to change your moisturizer or add in an additional hydrator.
- Hydrate. Not only do we have to hydrate our skin, but we need to hydrate our bodies. Keep up the water intake. We tend to drink a little less during the winter months.
- Protect. We are exposed to harmful UV rays even in the winter so continue to use SPF. A great way to get SPF is to use a moisturizer that contains it.
- Mask. A nourishing face mask is a great way to combat dryness in the winter. I highly recommend Mary Kay’s Moisture Renewing Gel Mask and/or the Bio Cellulose Mask.
- Exfoliate. Use a gentle exfoliator during the winter months since our skin can be a little more delicate. A great option is a chemical exfoliator like our Revealing Radiance Facial Peel.
- Cleanser. You may need to switch up your cleanser for the winter using a more emollient type of cleanser for the harsh winter months.
Follow these 6 tips to winterize your skin care routine and your skin will feel the love. If you have any questions about what changes to make, I’d be happy to help.